Feed The Bees resources will be posted as they are developed, sourced or become available. We encourage you to share this information with your family, friends, colleagues, communities, on your website(s) and across all social media networks.
Articles, Publications and Videos
- “A Plea for Bees’ Needs ~ how to encourage backyard biodiversity”
Video presentation by Dr. Elizabeth Elle, SFU Department of Biological Sciences
- Attracting Beneficial Insects with Native Flowering Plants
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University (opens 2.358 MB PDF file in new window).
- Bee Basics: An Introduction to Our Native Bees
A USDA and Pollinator Partnership Publication (opens 1.6 MB PDF file in new window).
- Bee Friendly Plants for Your Garden and Farm OUR OWN STUDY
An easy-to-use resource list for local gardeners or farmers based on observations of which perennials attract the most pollinators courtesy of Earthwise Society (opens 1.4 MB PDF file in new window).
- British Columbia Summer Nectar and Pollen Sources: Fact Sheet 905
BC Ministry of Agriculture and Lands, Provincial Apiculturist (opens 314 KB PDF file in new window).
- Conservation and Management of Native Bees in Cranberry
University of Maine Technical Bulletin (opens 463 KB PDF file in new window).
- Conserving Native Bees on Farmland
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University (opens 2.255 MB PDF file in new window).
- Corporation of Delta: Beekeeping Bylaw No. 6804, 2009
To permit beekeeping as an accessory use to single family and duplex dwellings and for educational purposes in Public (P) zones within Delta (opens webpage in new window).
- Corporation of Delta: Pesticide Use Control Bylaw No. 6788, 2009
To reduce the unnecessary application of chemical pesticides on residential and municipally owned land within Delta (opens webpage in new window).
- Farming for Bees: Guidelines for Providing Native Bee Habitat on Farms
The Xerces Society (opens 1.347 MB PDF file in new window – 44 pages).
- Farming for Pollinators: Native Bees and Your Crops
US NCRS and The Xerces Society (opens 1.958 MB PDF file in new window).
- Garden Guide for Pollinators
The Pollinator Partnership (opens 132 KB PDF file in new window).
- Landowner’s Guide to Conserving Native Pollinators in Ontario NEW
Farms at Work and Peterborough County Stewardship Council (opens 2.1 MB PDF file in new window).
- Making Room for Native Pollinators: How To Create Habitat for Native Pollinators on Golf Courses
US Golf Association and The Xerces Society (opens 910 KB PDF file in new window – 36 pages).
- Making More Room: A companion to Making Room for Native Pollinators
The Xerces Society (opens 1.491 MB PDF file in new window).
- Managing Alternative Pollinators
A Handbook for Beekeepers, Growers and Conservationists
SARE – Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (opens 5.2 MB PDF file in new window)
- Organic Farming Practices: Reducing Harm to Pollinators from Farming
The Xerces Society (opens 287 KB PDF file in new window).
- Pollinator Conservation in Three Simple Steps
The Xerces Society (opens 194 KB PDF file in new window).
- Pollinator-Friendly Parks: How to Enhance Parks, Gardens and Other Greenspaces
The Xerces Society (opens 1.429 MB PDF file in new window).
- Pollinators … what’s the buzz?
David Suzuki Foundation (opens 202 KB PDF file in new window).
- RHS Perfect for Pollinators Plant List
Royal Horticultural Society – Sharing the best in Gardening (opens 1.0 MB PDF file in new window)
- Roadsides – A Guide to Creating a Pollinator Patch
Ontario Horticultural Association (opens 990 KB PDF file in new window)
- Selecting Plants for Pollinators
A Guide for Farmers, Land Managers and Gardeners in the Pacific Forest-Mixed Lowland Region
The Pollinator Partnership™ and the North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (opens 8.44 MB PDF file in new window).
- Six Steps to Protect and Encourage Native Wild Pollinators on Your Land NEW
Farms at Work and Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (opens 307 KB PDF file in new window).
- Trees for Bees Programme
The Federated Farmers of New Zealand Bee Industry Group (opens 537 KB PDF file in new window).
- Your Urban Garden is Better with Bees
North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (opens 179 KB PDF file in new window).